ILIOINGUINAL AND ILIOHYPOGASTRIC NERVE BLOCK
Nerve Blocks & Injections
Nerve block injections are very common and are used to treat chronic pain when medications or other treatments prove to be ineffective or cause negative side effects. They allow for a damaged nerve proper time to heal, provide temporary pain relief, and can be used to identify a specific cause of pain.
- Therapeutic nerve block: This type of nerve block contains a local anesthetic to control acute pain.
- Prognostic nerve blocks: These are used to help your physician predict the effectiveness and outcome of a given treatment.
- Diagnostic nerve block: This block contains an anesthetic that helps relieve pain and helps pain specialists determine the root cause of chronic or acute pain.
- Sympathetic nerve block: This type of block is used to determine if there is any type of damage or injury to the sympathetic nerve chain – the network of nerves that extends the length of the spine.
- Preemptive nerve blocks: These types of nerve blocks are meant to prevent pain after a surgery that can cause issues like phantom limb pain.
A small needle will be inserted through the skin and directed towards the injection site. A small amount of contrast material may be used to confirm needle placement in the appropriate location. The injection itself will be administered with a syringe much like one that would be used for a routine vaccination. The type of medication used depends on individual patient needs.
This is typically performed as an outpatient procedure and only takes a few minutes to administer.
In some cases, more than one injection may be required, depending on the area of pain that needs to be covered. The medication will go into effect rather quickly, but the doctor will have you stay in the office to ensure there are no immediate and unexpected side effects.
- Bursa Injections
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Cluneal Nerve Injection
- Epidural Nerve Block
- Ganglion Impar Injection
- Genicular Nerve Blocks / Ablation
- Genitofemoral Nerve Block
- Greater Auricular Nerve Block
- Greater Occipital Nerve Injection / Ablation
- Ilioinguinal And Iliohypogastric Nerve Block
- Intercostal Nerve Block
- Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve Injection
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Medial Branch Blocks / Ablations
- Neuroma Injection
- Occipital Nerve Block Injection
- Paravertebral Nerve Block
- Pectoralis And Serratus Plane Block
- Popliteal Nerve Block
- Pudendal Nerve Injection
- Rectus Sheath Block
- Saphenous Nerve Block
- Selected Nerve Root Injections (Snri)
- Sphenopalatine Block
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Supraorbital And Supratrochlear Nerve Block
- Suprascapular Nerve Injection / Ablation
- Sympathetic Injections
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block
- Trigeminal Nerve Injection
Suffering From Pain?